Chief Executive OfficerDelhi Center - Santa Ana, CA
Delhi Center (Delhi) Board of Directors is searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to join our nonprofit as Chief Executive Officer (CEO. The CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization’s staff, fundraising, programs, finances, expansion, and execution of its mission.
The ideal candidate for this position has previous nonprofit management experience, active fundraising experience a proven track record for effective team management, and results-driven leadership in a nonprofit organization.
The CEO will also be responsible for developing, leading, and programs that facilitate community engagement, and fostering a work environment that allows staff, volunteers, and partners to feel valued and collaborative. Social determinants of Health (SDOH) have a major impact on people’s health, well-being, and quality of life, thus, the CEO should understand the SDOH and consider them in the program and services offered by Delhi. The CEO will possess solid strategic skills and the focused vision necessary to ensure Delhi Center’s continued growth as a vital community resource with an unwavering commitment to quality programs and services.
The CEO position is an exceptional opportunity for a visionary leader to build on a solid organizational foundation that includes a strong balance sheet, a stellar reputation, and a trusted position in the community. The new CEO will have the ability to have a positive impact on the lives of many people in our community.
Our mission is to advance self-sufficiency through sustainable health, education, financial stability, and community engagement.
Delhi Center is a private, non-profit 501 (c)(3) community-based organization established in 1969 whose mission is to advance self-sufficiency through sustainable health, education, financial stability, and community engagement. Delhi Center is a full-service center serving Orange County, the city of Santa Ana, CA, with a particular focus on the residents of the community of Delhi. It is well-respected and well-known for providing programs and services that meet the community’s needs. Delhi provides that improves and strengthens the Community. We have a diverse work environment where you can make a real difference in the community. Delhi respects the right of community members to be informed, consulted, involved, and empowered
Organization and Program Management
It is the CEO’s responsibility to lead the development and strategic growth of the organization. The CEO analyzes and identifies the needs of the community to identify, create and fund programs to benefit our community members. The central management functions include:
- Maintaining positive public relations.
- Relationship-building with current, former, and potential partners, funders, and nonprofit
- Developing, directing, and implementing Delhi’s goals, policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintaining open communication and transparency with the Board of Directors in all aspects of the organization.
- Creating a development strategy that includes private and public funds.
- Ensuring compliance and cooperation with all partners, funders, program sponsors, and collaborations
Fundraising, Communications, and Marketing
The CEO has the lead role in fundraising, communications, and marketing efforts and works closely with the staff who are responsible for these areas and with the Board members who advise on them. The main functions include:
- Developing and finalizing an annual fundraising plan.
- Identifying and meeting with potential funders, partners, and professional volunteers.
- Researching, writing, and submitting grant applications and proposals for initial or continued funding.
- Overseeing public relations, including social media, press, marketing, and communications.
The CEO shall assist, advise, and act in a responsible and transparent fiscal manner to ensure the financial integrity of Delhi. Fiscal management responsibilities include:
- Developing annual budgets for review and approval by the Board.
- Working closely with the Associate Director and Board Treasurer on all fiscal responsibilities.
- Approving budget and expenditures within parameters set in the bylaws and program policies.
- Overseeing all legal contracts as the organization develops.
Staff Management and Development
The CEO is authorized to transact all personnel actions subject to Delhi’s policies and procedures. The CEO is responsible for:
- Maintaining a diverse and equitable work culture.
- Overseeing the recruitment, hiring, staffing, evaluations, and supervision of all personnel
- Providing coaching and general development of managers and other staff.
- Collaborating with Associate Director on staffing decisions.
Reports, Confidential Records, and Files
The CEO is responsible for keeping accurate, complete, and confidential records.
Other Duties as Assigned
The Chief Executive Officer shall perform other duties as prescribed by the DC Board of Directors.
- Experience working with the community
- Ability to point to specific examples of having operational strategies that are innovative and have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Strong public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures, including familiarity with the Southern California donor community
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and enthusiastic communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Understanding of the role of SDOH in collaborations, funding, programming, and strategizing
- Maintains high proficiency in current technology platforms, including Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Cloud-based applications
- Bilingual English/Spanish desired/preferred
- Valid driver’s license and access to transportation
- Strategic thinker and communicator
- Entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative spirit and drive
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
The CEO is a Full-Time exempt position. Delhi Community Center is offering $133,000 and DOE.
- Voluntary Retirement Contribution Plan
- Full-time employees (40 or more hours per week): health insurance (medical, dental, vision); paid time off; company-wide holidays
But the most rewarding benefit is your ability to contribute to the Delhi Community!
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the organization’s physical premises.
Please note that this job description does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of the employee’s activities, duties, or responsibilities for this job. Duties, obligations, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
To be considered for the first round of interviews, please submit your application by December 16, 2022.
Interested parties should forward a cover letter and resume by email only by clicking the button below Put your name and CEO in the subject line of the email. Please do not call: